For questions, comments, or collaboration requests, please contact me directly via any of the accounts linked below.

Me, Myself, Maranda

Fat Girl Life & Style Blog

Plus Size OOTD: Shein Leopard Skulls Cami & Utility Shorts

A typical Saturday night for our little family group includes dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in rotation. This week, Mexican was on the menu at a local place called Jalisco’s.

Shein Skulls & Shinies

Maranda, a plus size woman, stands outdoors wearing a black and leopard skull print tank top, olive green shorts, and black strappy sandals.
Shein skulls cami, utility shorts and strappy sandals for Saturday evening casual Mexican dinner with the fam.

With temps in the high 80’s, it was important to dress for comfort. This also gave me the perfect opportunity to try out two new items from my recent Shein order: a leopard skulls cami top and gold metallic dangle earrings.

The Leopard Skeleton Print Cami Top on Shein is by one of their proprietary offshoot brands, Emery Rose.

I really like how lightweight the fabric is, but it’s important to note that it’s 95% polyester so it doesn’t breathe very well. The other 5% fabric composition is elastane, which gives it just a hint of stretch.

Surprisingly, it didn’t cling! It has a silky smooth texture, and swish-swish movement.

In my opinion, this cami is sized generously. I’m wearing a 4X, which Shein equates to dress size 20. The chest area, especially, fits comfortably loose.

Maranda, a plus size woman, stands outdoors modeling metallic gold water drop earrings and leopard print black tank top, both products from Shein.
So in love with Shein’s water-drop dangle earrings!

For reference, I’m generally a 22/24 or 3X top in other brands. I’m wearing a non-padded size 44DD bra. Spaghetti straps are adjustable. I wear mine rather short, to make sure my bra straps get covered in back.

Now for the best part: this Shein leopard skulls cami is only $6!

I also snagged a set of these awesome metallic dangle earrings with this order. (These are the same style as I posted about previously.) Incredibly lightweight, so easy to wear. They’re constructed of a leather-like material that’s soft, flexible, and does not weight heavily on the earlobes.

This particular set has a unique weave style texture coated in shiny metallic gold. Originally sold as a 3-pack including black and silver; Shein calls these Water-Drop Earrings. Only $2!

Summer Shorts & Sandals

Maranda, a plus size woman, wearing a Shein cami top with leopard print skulls over olive green utility shorts by Terra & Sky.
Terra & Sky utility shorts are surprisingly comfortable with supportive stretch.

Speaking of good deals, I stumbled on these shorts while browsing clearance on Walmart. (They’re still available here!) They are Terra & Sky brand and available in multiple colors. Current clearance price is only $7!

Serious stretch, super comfy. A 98% cotton / 2% spandex blend makes for buttery soft material that wears like a dream. I also like the cute button-fly style.

The rolled cuffs are stitched in place, and even with a fair amount of walking, they did not try to unroll or otherwise be a nuisance.

I was excited to wear my strappy Torrid sandals out for the first time, too. I’ve had these since I snagged them on clearance last winter for only $5!

The cheapskate in me is quite pleased with this outfit. Nothing here was over seven bucks!

Maranda, a plus size woman, models a budget-friendly outfit with pieces from Shein, Walmart and Torrid. Prices are overlaid on the image.

Check out Fat Fashion for more awesome Shein styles, OOTD’s and cheapskate finds!